- Working position while also over-seeing 2 to 3 other CNC Operators during the night shift.
- Manage team to insure production schedule is met.
- Trains new employees, and supervises over-night crew.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches;
- Calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry;
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; trimming heads.
- Maintains specifications by drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions and troubleshooting; adjusting and reprogramming controls;
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.