|Job Description and Requirements:
- Front Desk Clerk greets guests, confirms reservations, assists with registration and assigns rooms; while accommodating special requests when possible.
- Verifies method of payment and follows hotel check-in policy and procedures. Inputs guest and room information into hotel’s system and communicates with appropriate hotel personnel.
- Works closely with the housekeeping department; keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repairs.
- Maintains guest room key storage and key card issuance.
- Completes and maintains all necessary paperwork, enters required data into hotels computer system.
- Receptionist duties include answering phones and accommodating guest inquires by answering questions and directing them accordingly,
- Hotel Desk Clerk must learn location and types of rooms; and remain aware of room availability and the daily on-site events & activities and services offered by hotel.
- Desk Clerk must have customer service experience & strong communications skills. Must practice proper phone etiquette, maintain professional appearance and friendly attitude.