Employment Type: TEMP
Industry: Customer Service
Job Number: 1361273
Action Group Staffing
Action Group Staffing is seeking a self-starting, experienced individual to join a clinic as a Medical Scheduler in Tulsa, OK. As part of the administrative team, you assist patients in making, altering, and canceling medical appointments, ensuring patients have access to the services and treatments they need. You accurately record patient information, prevent double-bookings, and route patient calls to the correct department or individual. This position requires you have close attention to detail, impeccable phone etiquette, and working knowledge of common medical terminology. The ideal candidate has prior receptionist experience, especially in a medical setting, coupled with superb data entry and communication skills.
The medical scheduler performs various functions, including helping to foster smooth operations in the health organization where they work.
They achieve this by coordinating appointments and rescheduling some as needed.
They also carry out some other tasks to support the clinical manager, physicians, and other health workers.
The primary tasks, duties, and responsibilities contained in the medical scheduler job description are listed below:
- Responsible for entering instructions needed for scheduling in the electronic medical record
- Take or respond to telephone calls promptly to establish or confirm appointments
- Responsible for the scheduling of patient appointments for consultations, evaluations, and treatments; follow-up or re-evaluation
- Responsible for collecting existing and new patient insurance information for insurance verification purpose
- Provide support in maintaining and updating patient medical records
- Responsible for entering data into various electronic systems, as well as maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data
- Utilize appropriate schedule codes in scheduling office and hospital based medical procedures, for patients with appropriate provider and time/location slot
- Program patients for diagnostic and imaging tests to be completed
- Confirm that patients have proper medical clearance
- Carry out pre-procedure phone calls and confirm appointment times with patients via telephone
- Responsible for reviewing discharge instructions with patients
- Ensure suitable follow-up appointments are scheduled after a procedure is scheduled
- Provide support to other members of the department as needed.
To apply for this job please visit portal.people20.net.