Employment Type: Temp To Hire
Job Number: 1420480
Pay Rate: Paid Weekly, $16.50+
Action Group Staffing
We are looking to hire skilled Machine Operators to set up, maintain and operate machinery for the night shift. You’ll ensure the interminable and efficient running of production. A great machine operator is reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. On-the-job training is a good way to discover how to do the job better, so you should have willingness to learn and improve. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers. The goal will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.
Shift is 7 to 7, work no more than 3 days in a row plus every other weekend.
- Act as the general utility person for the manufacturer of blown film plastic including line start-ups, winder operation and adjustment, packaging and palletizing of finished product.
- Operate extrusion equipment ensuring product meets order and quality specifications.
- Perform quality checks in accordance with order requirements using a micrometer and tape measure.
- Perform basic adjustments to line speed and winder settings to ensure good quality products based on customer specifications found on work orders.
- Weight and accurately record all product on work order/continuation sheets.
- Package product per routing notes and any other order instructions, checking accuracy of labels and adherence to product guidelines.
- Continuous cleaning of work area as needed and removal of any debris or obstructions.
- Check equipment and work area for potential safety hazards and report those to the shift supervisor.
- Follow all safety, AIB and SWPPP guidelines as instructed and report any non-conformities to the shift supervisor for correction.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, order forms, work orders and checklists.
- Ability to communicate with Managers, co-workers or before groups of co-workers, supervisors or others within the company.
- Perform duties in a safe manner and report all observed safety hazards to shift supervisor.
- Attend all meetings as scheduled.
- Wear mandatory assigned Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Able to operate a pallet jack.
- Be a team player with a positive attitude and work well with others.
- Able to climb towers to thread up lines.
- Dependable and flexible with work is required in other facets of production.
- Comfortable asking questions to prevent errors or clarification.
- Can work with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Walking/Standing to operate machines as much as 100% of the day.
- Reaching, kneeling, stooping and crouching/crawling
- Bending, twisting and leaning
- Exert 60 pounds of force occasionally and 50 pounds of force frequently.
- Work outdoors 1/3 of the time or less
- Work near moving mechanical part 1/3 of the time or less
- Work in extreme heat (non-weather) less than 1/3 of the time.
Previous manufacturing experience preferred. Must possess basic math skills. Must be able to read a tape measure or ruler to perform quality checks. Must be able to obtain forklift certification. High school diploma or GED preferred.
To apply for this job please visit portal.people20.net.