Employment Type: Temp To Hire
Job Number: 1391420
Action Group Staffing
As a Press Operator, you will operate a flexographic printing press engaged in the production of printed products in a safe and efficient manner. This includes the set-up of plates, dies, inks, and coatings as specified in the work ticket. In addition, you will complete quality checks to ensure that the printed product meets all functional requirements. In this position, you will also load substrates onto the press and record all required production data into the shop floor data collection system. As needed, you will be required to mount or strip plates, make inks, wash up press components, and complete basic housekeeping and preventive maintenance tasks. Previous experience running flexographic presses or similar presses or machinery, is highly preferred.
This position works Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 5:00am to 5:00pm and every other Saturday with the opportunity to earn 4 additional hours of incentive pay each week. Candidates with experience running Mark Andy machinery will be preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs typical press operations to support production department.
- Review job ticket and work with Press Helper to ensure job is set up properly on the press per required specifications and job notes (ink, dies, stock, plates).
- Run the job setup on the press and log data related to the job setup in the system.
- Run the job per specifications and log when completed, noting material used, etc.
- While running the press, review printed rolls for quality and consistency related to all aspects of the labels including color registration and die cut.
- Following completion of the job, move finished roll to finishing department and breakdown and clean machine in preparation for the next job.
- Communicate with Shift Supervisor and/or Production Manager regarding any issues with the labels and dies.
- Ensure proper data collection for each job, including job notes on material and time variance.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of the press along with the Press Helper and Supervisor.
- Maintain the work area and machines in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed company policies and safety regulations.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities and participate in training when offered or needed.
- Additional duties as required.
To apply for this job please visit portal.people20.net.