Paper Mill Operator
Employment Type: Temp To Hire
Job Number: 1659979
Pay Rate: Paid Weekly
Action Group Staffing
Requirements of the Paper Machine Operator
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Manufacturing experience
- Paper Mill experience a plus!
- Ability to work rotating 12-hour shifts (days and nights)
- Pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Benefits of the Paper Machine Operator:
- Starting salary of $19/hr
- Full-time temp-to-hire opportunity
- 12-hour shifts mean no more than 3 days worked in a row (15 work days per month)
- Convenient location between Pryor and Tulsa.
- Overtime available
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance available on day 1.
- Room for advancement after 90 days worked.
- Bonus opportunities after hire, plus pay increases
- Paid lunch
Responsibilities of the Paper Machine Operator:
- Ensure machines are operating correctly and notify maintenance of any issues.
- Conduct prescribed tests to ensure the quality of products. Document test results and inform machine tender if paper quality falls outside established quality standards.
- Coordinate with the machine tender to perform service functions on the machine. Monitor computer display of machine functioning, back up the machine tender as needed.
- Prepare the roll for removal from the mill removing excess paper from the roll surface as needed. Coordinate with roll handler to operate hoist and remove paper rolls from machine. Follow all procedures and guidelines to ensure the safety of other personnel and equipment during the operation of the hoist.
- May operate clamp truck to move and process paper rolls when rolls leave the mill. Use clamp truck to place the paper roll on wrapper, wrap, label, and move the roll into the designated place in storage.
- Assist with housekeeping duties and maintain the organization and cleanliness of the facility.
To apply for this job please visit portal.people20.net.