Employment Type: Temp To Hire
Job Number: 1457225
Pay Rate: $20/hr
Action Group Staffing
The Production trainee will gain an understanding and be able to perform the duties of entry level positions within the production team once trained. Will be trained to operate a lift truck and stock prep or finished goods. Will work on production team on paper machine and assigned duties based on mill needs
Major Job Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
- To work safely in a manufacturing environment
- Gain an understanding of the mill layout.
- General mill housekeeping
- Perform pre-use inspections on lift trucks.
- Operate a lift truck to handle wastepaper and load the stock prep conveyor with bales of wastepaper
- Scan/record wastepaper as it is being loaded onto the conveyor
- Perform pre-use inspections on lift trucks
- Report any safety or mechanical issues in the assigned work area
- Remove paper rolls from the production line and place in storage
- Operate a lift truck to load finished paper rolls onto container, vans or flatbeds trucks
- Create shipping manifests
- Work with the paper team to address needs on the paper machine such as recovering from paper breaks, installing clothing and ropes on the machine
- Assists in paper machine startups and shutdown.
- All other duties as assigned
- A strong commitment to safety
- Computer skills.
- Fast paced industrial background.
- Ability Work 12-hour shifts (rotating days and nights)
- Experience operating lift truck
- Ability to understand and learn manufacturing principles.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work as a productive team member in a team-oriented organization.
- Good communication skills.
- Prefer SAP experience.
- Positive attitude
- Good attendance record
No felonies or misdemeanors accepted. Must pass a drug screen and have excellent attendance.
To apply for this job please visit portal.people20.net.