Employment Type: Temp To Hire
Job Number: 1781710
Pay Rate: Paid Weekly
Action Group Staffing
Action Group Staffing is currently hiring a Production Worker for a large paper manufacturer in the MidAmerica Industrial Park in Pryor. Ideal candidates will have 5 years of steady work history, forklift experience and the ability to work a rotating schedule.
Requirements of the Production Worker
- 1 year of lift truck experience
- A strong commitment to safety
- Computer skills, SAP experience preferred
- Fast-paced industrial background.
- Lift up to 50lbs
- Good communication skills
- Prefer SAP experience
- Positive attitude
- Good attendance record
- Able to work days, nights and weekend shifts (7-7 rotating schedule)
- 5 years of stable work history
- Pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Previous paper mill experience a plus
Benefits of the Production Worker
- Dental/Vision/Medical available
- Temp-to-permanent hire position
- Starting wage of $20/hr
Responsibilities of the Production Worker
- Gain an understanding and be able to perform the duties of entry level positions within the production team once trained.
- Perform work on production team on paper machine and assigned duties based on mill needs
- Work safely in a manufacturing environment
- Gain an understanding of the mill layout.
- General mill housekeeping
- Perform pre-use inspections on lift trucks.
- Operate a lift truck to handle wastepaper and load the stock prep conveyor with bales of wastepaper
- Scan/record wastepaper as it is being loaded onto the conveyor
- Report any safety or mechanical issues in the assigned work area
- Remove paper rolls from the production line and place in storage
- Operate a lift truck to load finished paper rolls onto container, vans or flatbeds trucks
- Create shipping manifests
- Work with the paper team to address needs on the paper machine such as recovering from paper breaks, installing clothing and ropes on the machine
- Assists in paper machine startups and shutdown.
- All other duties as assigned
To apply for this job please visit portal.people20.net.