Shipping and Receiving
Broken Arrow, OK
Employment Type: Temp To Hire
Job Number: 1378284
Action Group Staffing
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: Prepare and process all parcel and freight orders for timely and accurate shipment. Receive inbound deliveries as they arrive.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
· Pick, pack, and process parcel shipments. Operate manifest system which records weights, shipping method and charges. Ensure that all orders that are scheduled and picked actually ship.
· Pick, build, wrap, and band palletized orders. Prepare the LTL shipments by comparing rate quotes, generating BOLs, scheduling freight pickups, and processing order paperwork.
· Process purchase order receiving transactions. Physically receive, verify, identify, stage, and sort inbound shipments as they arrive. Occasional quote and schedule inbound freight carriers.
· Compare part numbers, counts, weights, and measurements for items of outgoing shipments to verify information against orders or other records.
· Coordinate pickup with carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and others to ensure timely and accurate shipment.
· Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies. Participate in regular cycle inventory counts of shipping supplies and finished goods.
· Maintain clean and orderly shipping area, inventory placement, and warehouse condition.
· Operate forklift on a regular basis to move and pick items for shipping as well as stocking received orders.
· Communicate and work well with others for receiving instructions, expressing needs, assisting others, and receiving assistance from others as needed to complete the job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job please visit portal.people20.net.