Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job Number: 1767348
Action Group Staffing
- Specifies ASME BPVC Section VIII, Division 1, and customer specification compliant welding procedures, weld joint configuration, and coordinates weld procedure/welder qualification.
- Liaison between Engineering & Header Bay personnel, and communicate with customers regarding welding issues.
- Maintain the Welding Procedure Specification and Procedure Qualification Report database with current procedures.
- Actively develop new welding procedures and welding methods, review and accommodate welding specifications, and submit requisitions for laboratory work.
- Maintain welder qualifications and test methods for both the American Welding Society and Canadian Welding Bureau.
- Develop and publish Welding Procedure Specifications, Procedure Qualification Reports, Tube-to-Tube Sheet mock-ups.
- Ability to provide support to the other departments with respect to welding matters, assist with audits, participate in root cause investigation, provide recommendations for inspection and corrective action.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to interchange with others in the department.
- Must have working knowledge of ASME BPVC Section VIII, Division 1, and section IX, working knowledge of AWS D1.1
- Preferred certifications: AWS: CWI, CWEng, SCWI, CWB: Certified welding supervisor, Certified welding engineer, or API: 510, 570, 653
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Health, Vison, and Dental Insurance
- Monday- Friday position
To apply for this job please visit portal.people20.net.
Action Group Staffing https://www.actiongrp.net/ https://www.actiongrp.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/logo.png